Manchester Futsal Club

The Home of Futsal

MATCH REPORT: Manchester 1-9 Sussex Futsal Club

by Riegan Thompson

Manchester's winning streak came to an end in disappointing fashion as they fell to a heavy defeat at home to Sussex.

The away sides vast amount of international quality showed as they punished Manchester on the counter attack multiple times. 

Sussex had the first chance of the game within a minute of play. Jarrod Basger threatened to open the scoring with a close range chance but Pinto was equal to it in the Manchester goal.

The next chance of note fell to the same man, who once again forced Pinto into a fantastic save.

Basger continued to find space and threaten the Manchester goal and his reward come on the 13th minute. Sussex broke with speed from a Manchester attack and the ball fell to the Sussex dangerman who tapped the ball home.

Manchester did have a goal ruled out in controversial circumstances. Pinto brought the ball forward and hit a wonderful strike into the top corner. However, the goal was ruled out by the officials who deemed Pinto to have had the ball for longer than four seconds.

After this incident, Manchester remained on top and created a number of chances. Most notably through Raducio King and Raphe Barber.

Sussex held out and eventually countered to make it 2-0. It was the dangerman Basger who did all the work and squared it to Tobias Seeto to finish the move off on the stroke of half time.

Sussex began the second half where they’d left off, adding a third on 23 minutes. Basger found himself in space and produced a composed finish into the bottom corner to make it  3-0.

Manchester attempted to find a way back into the game but found themselves open to Sussex’s pacey counterattacks each time.

Basger grabbed his hat-trick 15 minutes from time as he broke, rounded the on rushing Pinto and slotted home.

Hopes of a Manchester come back took a blow after the half hour mark when Pinto was sent off for a foul on Basger. The resulting spot kick was taken by Tobias, and saved by Raza in the Manchester goal.

Manchester then deployed a fly-keeper but this played more into the away sides hands as they found space behind Manchester for Basger to tap into an empty goal and make it 5-0.

Sussex then turned to their own fly keeper to maintain their winning position – and Debon was able to fire into an empty net from range to pull one back for the home side.

The away side responded immediately – inundating the Manchester goal with a number of shots in quick succession. It was Basger who finally beat Raza to claim his fourth of the game.

Sussex piled on the misery for the home side a minute from time with two quick fire goals from Ismael Llorente. The first came after a well worked move from the whole team – the second a counter attacking move that allowed him to walk the ball in.

Leave a comment